Translate

Sunday 1 December 2013

Our Beauty Issue

I wrote an article for Grade 6 students recently about beauty issue. Tonight, I'm making some activities related to it. It brought me to my own insecurities in growing up and the question that haunted me during my adolescent, "Am I beautiful?" In my quest to have some worthy material for this project, I came across the Dove Real Beauty Sketch.

I cried after watching this video. I was represented! But then, I also remember the one person whom God is using everyday to remind me that I am beautiful just as I am. "Kung nakikita mo lang ang nakikita ko sa'yo" (if only you can see what I see in you)- this is my husband's favorite line for me whenever he looks at me and tells me I'm beautiful. :) 

If you don't have that person yet, it doesn't matter.  Remember that what you feel about yourself is just a feeling. It is a matter of perspective :) We are beautiful if we believe we are (yes, in spite of what others say--who cares?!)  

Be reminded that we are more beautiful than we think we are. Choose to believe that and be free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment