Translate

Thursday 26 December 2013

A Thought Before 2013 Ends

Another year is just around the corner. 
I am also rushing my posts for today because I'll be out again for another trip (this time in the South!) 

On my birthday a few days ago, I saw this wall decor in a restaurant in the Heritage Village in Vigan. 


I was reminded of the verse in Ecclesiastes (11:9) that says,

You who are young, be happy while you are young,
    and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth.
Follow the ways of your heart
    and whatever your eyes see,
but know that for all these things
    God will bring you into judgment.

Indeed, enjoying life is a gift from God but we need to enjoy it responsibly. (That's why there's the last part that says, "all these things...God will bring you into judgment".) We NEED to enjoy our life but we need to do it according to the will of God, according to what will bring Him the utmost glory. 

As 2013 comes to an end, may we reflect how we have lived our lives throughout the year. Like me, I know that there were moments when things went bad or we just have ignored GOD. However,it's not the end of the story. That's why God is giving us another year to live...another year to celebrate life--according to what He wants. My prayer is we will live that amazing, purpose-filled life this coming year and throughout our lifetime! No matter what the world says, "Be brave and wild at heart"--for GOD! :)

                                                          Happy New Year to all of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment