Translate

Tuesday 25 December 2012

Life on the Edge

"If you're not living life on the edge, you are taking too much space." (Anonymous)

I just saw this featured photos at National Geographic: Top Extreme Photos by National Geographic. I am a fan of adventures and I would love to try one of these, if given an opportunity. I envy these guys---unafraid, unmindful of the risks involved.

But then again, I wonder. I wonder about the life that I have right now. It's easy being safe especially if I have someone with me. But today, God reminded me of the life that He wants for His followers. It isn't an easy, comfortable life (although He isn't stingy in giving us comfort and ease) but it is a life on the edge. It is a life with risks. Risks for the spread of His gospel to every people groups of this world.

Not everyone would have the grace to accept the challenge. Some are being coward and safe. Some are not just into it. Some refuse to even listen.

If we are into adventures, if we'd love to try risky things like surfing in big waves, ice climbing, skiing, snowboarding etc...and risk our life for the love of life, then why don't we risk our life for the cause of the Gospel?

I pray that 2013 will be a life on the edge for me and my soon-to-be-husband. That we will be unafraid to take risk for Christ.


Courtesy of National Geographic: Kayaking Sahalie Falls, Oregon
(Photography by Tim Temple)



No comments:

Post a Comment