Translate

Monday 24 December 2012

3 Things I've Learned from Dad


Today marks my dad's 50th year. I've always been his fan and his life is always a challenge to my young and sometimes messy life. But there are three important things that I have learned from him.  
1. Our life's loftiest ambition is to be like Christ. Everything else will follow if we continue to pursue this. In our action, in our thoughts, in the way we live our daily life.
2. Generosity from the heart (not from the wallet). He has demonstrated to me what it takes to be generous to people even if we are just poor. I've never seen him indifferent to the needy but always prayerful and quick to act. 
3. Loving our enemies. When I was still a little kid, I would see people belittling my dad and I would always hate those people. When I was a teenager, I would always act indifferently to those people who do or say bad things about my dad. But not him. He would always respond with grace and love. (
All of these are possible because he has Christ in his life. He is not perfect but he is, for me and for many others, a living example of a true follower of Jesus.
Psalm 128 

No comments:

Post a Comment