Translate

Wednesday 1 May 2013

A Walk To Remember Insights


                                     Two months ago, I had my a-walk-to-remember moment!


  


Today, I want to share some insights with my engaged friends (I know some of them are getting married this month already). I hope you will get something from here .
Remember that no weddings are the same—they are beautiful in their own way. So don't fret if yours is not as beautiful or as grand or things won't go as planned. Just enjoy! 

Leave everything to the Lord. Proverbs 3:5-6  “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path.” This is so true. Sometimes, we think that we have planned so well already and we forget to just depend on the Lord. Remember to spend some time to pray and allow God to give you peace. 

The night before my wedding , I prayed to God not for a perfect wedding but the perfect attitude even if things won't go my way. I know that I am worrier and I don’t want to spoil my day just because things won’t go smoothly as planned. The Lord answered my prayer! J He helped me cope up with the stressors during my wedding day. Narealize ko na hindi din talaga dahil sa sitwasyon kundi sa attitude. My wedding was not perfect but I feel that it was because I learned to be content and happy with whatever the outcome is. So just trust the Lord J and be happy!

Do not pre-test your wedding kiss. This may sound so traditional and some of you may already have done this. I know that people who are in love wants to be close with each other. I understand you-- I know the feeling of being so-in-love. But because we have given our word to God and my parents that our first kiss will be on the altar, with God’s grace, we were able to pass all the tests! (I imitate the example of my dear friend ate Faye. Read her blog-www.buhaypurpol.blogspot.com)

But if you already have kissed, that’s okay.The most important thing is that you will be able to present each other pure and holy before the Lord. There is no greater feeling than that! J

Like I said, Enjoy! Enjoy the moment. Take time to prepare for your day—emotionally, physically, spiritually. Walk your shoes, prepare for the crying-moments, eat in the morning and/or during the make up time (you need the strength for the whole day/night!), take vitamins, have a massage, pray in solitude! Avoid facebook for a while :P and savor the moment of your last day as a single person! (If you have time, read a very good book about weddings "True Love Weds" by Grace Gaston-Dousel. I've learned a lot from that book. You may purchase that in PCBS, CSM Bookstore and sometimes even in National Bookstores)

from Bride and Breakfast
On the day, enjoy your bridal walk. Wave, make fun, smile or even cry if you want! There are no rules, really! Personalize your own vow--make it truly yours! Make it fun—not just for the two of you but for the hearers as well. Write a heartfelt message for your parents, they deserve that. 

Honor God on your wedding day and He will bless you with an unforgettable wedding! 

No comments:

Post a Comment