Translate

Saturday 12 October 2013

Alagwa: A Must-See Movie


Not a lot of Filipinos would appreciate this kind of movie. We all love the happy-ever-after type to appease us of our pains even for just two hours or so. After watching "Alagwa", I wasn't surprise to hear comments such as "yon na yon?"..."bitin..." It was as if everybody was still waiting for something to cure their wrenched hearts.

I wasn't surprised that it was already the end. From the beginning until the last scene, the movie only portrayed one thing: REALITY. This is the horrible reality that is hidden in the dark, in the alleys, in the back doors. No matter how heart-wrenching, soul-crushing this reality is...this is happening. And one way or another, we need to face it.

I don't really know what to write. I guess I would just to personally invite you to watch this award-winning movie. Maybe you will be disappointed, maybe you'll say "bitin". Maybe like me, you'll be bothered and you'll feel that big burden in your heart. You'll only know when buy tickets and watch. :)

Watch Alagwa now in theaters near you. Support Filipino Indie Movies!


Trailer:



No comments:

Post a Comment