Translate

Wednesday 26 December 2012

Miss Minchin Alive in My Life!

Photos from http://villains.wikia.com
I can vividly remember Miss Maria Minchin of Princess Sarah (Little Princess). I can't believe I would meet someone like her in my life.

Today, Ms. Michin phoned me to ask for something. She didn't greet me a Merry Christmas or even bother to say how am I but just asked me why I didn't do something I was supposed to do last week. I became responsible for a crime I am not involved in. She blamed me big time! And when I'm done with the work, she didn't even bother to thank me :)-wowoweeeee! Fortunately, I had my time with the Lord today and I didn't forget my manners with her. I cannot just forget the hurting words from her but at least I tried to control my temper with her.

But come to think of it, I've been enduring her oddities and subtle cruelty for the past 14 months already. First time in my entire life that a person told me I'm a shit and directly told me how incompetent I am. Thank you very much! :|

I just feel that because I just remain silent whenever she would bombard us about her complains on how we run the office then she can continue to treat me this way. She usually would tell us how some people who do ministry daw but have impossible attitudes. After 14 months of being with her, I guess I know why people treat her that way. Today, I just can't take it anymore that I just remain silent for a moment and pray.

God made me remember Ms. Minchin.  She's a domineering/dominating woman that it feels like there is nothing gentle about her on the outside. According to  the book "Captivating", a dominating woman "...needs no one. She is incharge-'on top of things constantly. She is a woman who know how to get what she wants (some of us might even admire that). But consider this-there is nothing merciful about her, nothing tender, and certainly nothing vulnerable. She has forsaken essential aspects of her feminity." (Eldredge, 51) This description fits my Miss Minchin.

In my thoughts, I end up pitying her. No one is perfect and like her, I too need to be changed to become like Christ. I pity her because I feel that no one has the guts to tell her how she is in dealing with people and therefore, change is close to impossible (but then again, nothing is impossible with the Lord, so I hope). Yes, I hope, someday someone will tell her how she is and I hope that she would experience how it is to be loved.

I don't know why God allowed her to be in my life at this time. But I guess, God is helping me to stand up and learn how to fight for my rights but still remains respectful. God is helping me to see my tendency to become like her also. She is a reminder to me that I need to be firm but also vulnerable and gentle. God is showing me how to be the woman that He wants me to be. And I am thankful for the Lord for this.

I just have to endure Ms. Minchin for a month or so. I guess I just have to pray for her and pray that when I am in the position someday, I would not treat people the way she has treated me. And that, in whatever situation I'm in (whether with Ms. Minchin or not), I would always choose to glorify God. Help me, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment